Friday, June 17, 2011

Three things

1. I am pretty sure I witnessed a miracle at work yesterday. So that's always nice.

2. A friend of mine is having twins in a week (or ONE WEEK!!!! as she describes it). I keep wanting to share some of my "lessons learned" with her but i am too freaking lazy to send an email. I'm hoping to write them here ASAP and then get your input as well!

3. I already bitched to CCBL and she wrote a whole blog entry about it here but here's my story - I am hosting playgroup today. A woman called me and said "hey, my child is sick and I just got yelled at by another friend for having a playdate earlier this week but I'm going to bring him to your house if you don't mind". WHY YES, I do mind. If my child gets sick, she can't go to daycare. If she can't go to daycare, one of her parents must stay home. I don't know about you but i like using my vacation time for PLANNED VACATIONS and not for staying home with a sick child.

I think there is a fine line between the runny nose that all children have all winter long and being actively sick.

Oh and here is a fourth item - I flew alone with the baby (toddler) this week. WOW. It was tough. I don't know how AMW does it with two children!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! Toddler and flying is no fun - I'm with you. I hope you told the playdate woman stay at home, that's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask about the miracle? And it happened in the midst of you being ID-less?

    ReplyDelete