Thursday, July 7, 2011

Necessary Items

I had big plans to write about the necessary items for bringing home (and raising) a baby (in honor of two mamas who welcomed babies in the past week). However, I'm mourning one of my favorite (non-baby) items right now and I feel like you all need to know about it.

So here we go...item #1.



The Vidalia Chop Wizard (or as we call it "Choppy"). Good ol' Choppy broke the other day and it is killing us. We love him a lot but we're buying a replacement and tossing him in the garbage asap. Seriously, Choppy is (well, was) amazing...you can quickly cut food (including onions) in nice, evenly-sized pieces. Amazing!

2. The Brazilian Blowout. As someone who has been fighting with frizz and humidity for years, I can't believe how life-changing this process has been. I love not having to use a flat iron for straight/smooth hair.

3. The DVR. One of the moms in playgroup mentioned this the other day. SO TRUE. Do you need further explanation? I don't think so.

4. diapers.com. MJ(G) and CCBL both introduced diapers.com to me. It's seriously awesome. They arrive the next day and there is no shipping charge if I order over $50 (which is easy when you're paying for diapers/wipes). It's not the cheapest for Pampers but avoiding the chaos at the big-box stores is worth it to me.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely couple once bought us the Choppy. We love and adore the Choppy. I can't imagine living for one day without the Choppy. I am sorry for the loss of your Choppy. I also agree with points 3 and 4, however 2 did not go well for me. In fact, I'm on my way upstairs to flat iron my hair while the Twinstroms are sleeping and the Human Cannonball is playing Wii (yeah, I'm letting the Wii babysit my kid. What?)

    ReplyDelete