Sunday, September 23, 2012

Body by Bacon

We're big fans of bacon in this home but I've always had a hard time cooking it in a pan or on a griddle - and I definitely can't figure out how to do it in the microwave. M likes it a little chewy while I like it crispy, crispy, crispy but not burnt at all (picky much?). A few weeks ago, I finally figured out how to cook it perfectly (thank you, google) so I figured an early Sunday morning was the best time to share it!

Here's the deal - you need to cook it in the oven! What???? I know!!! Crazytown!!

Directions:

1. Don't preheat the oven. I don't know why but whatevs.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil - this is essential if you want an easier clean-up.
3. Place bacon on cookie sheet and stick it in the cold oven.
4. Turn oven to 400, set timer for 20-25 minutes, walk away.

And 20-25 minutes later...delicious bacon!!!

It will be sitting in lots of bacon fat so i'd recommend pulling it out of the oven and draining it on paper towels quickly before it starts to cool off. That's just my preference though - like i said, i like it crispy!

And if you want to save the bacon fat for another recipe, it's easy to bend the foil and drain the fat into a container for later.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment