Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Secret Food

Ok, I need some help...as you may know, I'm obsessed with tomatoes. I tasted something tomato-y and AWESOME this weekend but I can't figure out what it was.

We were at a rehearsal dinner this weekend at an excellent Italian restaurant in Lenox MA. The appetizers were served buffet-style on different tables. On this particular table was small slices of bread and then hummus, baba ganosh, olives, etc...very Mediterranean/Italian/Greek. In addition, there was a tomato mixture of goodness. What kind of tomato-y dish goes with those other dishes? It was sort of bruschetta-ish (supposed to go on the bread) but BETTER.

I can't even figure out the ingredients - something sweet? Balsamic vinegar? Tomatoes were definitely the main ingredient (no cheese, grain, etc...).

Please help - I can't stop thinking about it!

Sidenote: if you're ever looking for a good weekend excursion in the fall, I would definitely recommend Lenox. The wedding was obviously the high point of the weekend but Lenox on its own would have been pretty great too!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely no idea... but when one of your much more educated and worldly friends tells you what it is, will you please make it for me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I would seriously just call the restaurant and ask. I do that kind of stuff. I would even be so bold as to ask for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete