Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Topsy Turvy


Before I touch on the topsy-turvy, I'd like to give a shout-out to Gange and CCBL for being such loyal commenters. YAY! Also, big props to CCBL for finding out that she's got one of each "flavor" to that belly of hers!

Anyway...topsy-turvy...I think it's pretty cool. As you can see, I have some cherry tomatoes growing now. It definitely took ALL summer but I think it's because of the lack of sun for all of June and most of July. I actually had two planters originally but the second one got even less sun. I'd like to try it again next summer - maybe move it to a sunnier area (my neighbor offered her garden) and start with nursery-grown seedlings (and not started from seeds).

All this from a commercial on NESN!

Photos and commentary on acupuncture coming soon (aka when I upload the photos).

3 comments:

  1. Hey, where's the tomato slicer that came with that thing??????

    And thanks for FINALLY updating your blog. I was sooo tired of seeing that Kindle every time I clicked on your link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry tomatoes, ser?

    Why not big boys or beefsteaks?

    FYI - the Gange Garden has yielded its first produce of 2009. 3 tomatoes and 3 green peppers. September promises a bumper crop. And my tomatoes were grown the "old school" way (from the ground UP).

    I can send you pics of my garden if you would like for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to holla-back. Plus, I think your Topsy Turvy is neat.

    Also, you'll like that according to Ollie he's having a little "sisser" and a little "brudder."

    ReplyDelete