Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Two posts, one day

I am still loving this email and now I want to add my own commentary to some of them. I'm sure that will bore some of you...and to that, I say "get your own blog".

1. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I canthink about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tellmy own story that's not only better, but also more directly involvesme. (I've never thought this...except ALL THE TIME)

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when yourealize you're wrong. (unfortunately this happens much more than I want to admit with my husband)

3. I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink tohave fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint andsticks when they've invented the lighter? (YES! I also think non-drinkers have fairly boring stories. Again, I'm sure that some of you will say "JSinP, you're a TERRIBLE lightweight drinker"...but whatever, at least I try! Also, get your own blog)

4. That's enough, Nickelback. (hmmm...I don't really care one way or the other. I could say it to Coldplay though.)

5. There is a great need for sarcasm font. (Also a font for "you're a moron but I work with you so I don't want to be too mean")

6. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what was going on when I first saw it. (well, no, because my movie-watching was severely limited by the PBS-loving parents...but this totally happens when I reread books)

7. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actuallybecomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone'slaughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a littlebit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still theonly one who really, really gets it. (Again, I haven't seen a lot of movies - definitely happens with TV shows though)

8. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. (only my brother will appreciate this - this is also true when trying to bring all of my grandmother's groceries into her condo. She'll suggest that you take a rolling cart through the handicapped entrance and up into her place but instead I'd rather have my hands fall off as I carrry a year's worth of Parmalat through the front door)

9. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger. (ALL THE TIME)

10. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nodand smile because you still didn't hear what they said? (this has been happening a lot lately - I am blaming it on swimming a lot but I'm sure what my excuse for deafness will be when the pool is closed)

11. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. (ALWAYS)

12. Bad decisions make good stories. (so one time I was at a wedding and they served boxed wine...)

13. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say theirname and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem... (I have this problem a lot...this is ridiculous because I love public speaking but this paralyzes me)

14. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at workwhen you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day. (I miss these days so much - unfortunately my current job doesn't allow for F'ing around on the internet)

15. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste. (YES. Also, Mike would count in that statement...I hate when I am all dolled up and I don't see him. I kind of feel bad for him...he only sees the gross JSinP)

16. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle,then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes. (ummm, yes)

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. (this is a common conversation between me and Mike - should we delete those #s or not?)

18. It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text. (I thought everyone else loved the video!!! I hate it)

19. The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, sawthey had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words,someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to thinkabout it, and then estimated that there must be at least four peopleeating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating bymyself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat ba$tard before dinner. (ALL THE TIME)

3 comments:

  1. You're hysterical. And I really want to start calling you JSinP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! But say it out loud - it sounds like "Jason P". Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think that I'd place more of the emphasis on the middle syllable, making you jSINp... You know I have some experience with namees that people make up on a whim and pronouce however they want :)

    ReplyDelete