Monday, July 13, 2009

Little Burgers with Greek Salad

Recipe #3 - I pretty much stole this from Real Simple magazine but I took out stuff I didn’t like and added other stuff (ummm, cheese).

Box of couscous
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
Salt and pepper
Other Mediterranean-like seasonings
4 plum tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, sliced into half-moons
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Hummus
Feta Cheese
Pita chips (cut up some pita and stick in oven at 350 for 5-10 min)


1. Start making the couscous.
2. Mix the beef, salt&pepper and any other seasonings together and make little patties.
3. Stick the little patties in a glass dish under the broiler for 5 min; flip them over for another 5 minutes. Apparently it’s impt to keep a close eye on this because the fat in the burgers can catch fire under the broiler. Thank you, Google. I used 93% lean so I figured I might be ok.
4. Mix the couscous, tomatoes and cucumbers together. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Serve salad with mini burgers and pita chips and hummus.
6. Throw feta all over everything.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you put "#1 - start making couscous"..was that for the bad cooks like myself who made your chicken recipe and then..when it was almost done...went to cook the Brown rice, read the bag and yelled "45 MINUTES?? Damn you Job Satisfaction in Paraguay!"

    ReplyDelete