Monday, July 6, 2009

Maine-y is Rainy






I had two days off before I had to work on the holiday wknd (boooooo) so Mike suggested that we head up to Maine for an overnight visit. He has a friend who LOVES Portland so we figured it would be a fun city plus we could catch a Seadog (minor league) game.



Anyway, the game was canceled (apparently it's been raining a lot here in New England - maybe you've noticed) so we went to the hotel bar on the roof which is supposed to have an awesome view of the area. As you can see from the picture, the view was just a tad limited! They did have wine though so we were all set until our 930 dinner reservation. By the way, 930!! Who eats at 930?!?!?! Gange, that's 2130 for you.


Also, Mike looks cute in a blazer. :)


Anyway, we woke up to sun the next day so we walked around Portland for a while and then headed to Kennebunkport for "the best lobster roll in Maine". Since I don't eat lobster, this was wasted on me but Mike said it was good...and the exploring was awesome!
I'm off to take photos of my water-logged plants for future blog postings. Sadly, I think only KLG and Gange are excited for that post.

1 comment:

  1. I expect to see a post each and every day when you visit Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete