Sunday, November 22, 2009

Superstitious

For those of you with children, when did you buy your first item for the baby?

As you probably know, I'm a little cynical about this pregnancy. I'm very excited about the possibility of a baby but I'm also worried about getting too optimistic when I know that things can go wrong.

I received some children's books last week and a big stuffed kangaroo this morning so I feel like it might be time. We were in BabyGap buying an outfit for a friend's baby this afternoon and we found the cutest onesie...and we bought it....and now we're feeling superstitious.

It doesn't help that the onesie has little skull and bones on it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I too am superstitious.

    With Brady we bought a dress for her the day we found out she was a girl (I was 16 weeks). Full-term birth.

    With Ollie, we bought him a onesie when we found out he was a boy (again, 16 weeks). Full-term birth.

    With Parker, we found out she was a girl at 16 weeks, and I was afraid to buy her something - so we didn't buy anything. Lost her at 20 weeks.

    Twins, bought them stuff the day I found out they were twins (8 weeks). I'm anticipating a full-term birth.

    I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    Trust me, if there's one feeling I know well, it's being apprehensive about the success of a pregnancy (and beyond). My unsolicited advice to you, is to do whatever you can to enjoy it as much as you can. So, purchase purchase purchase!

    ReplyDelete