Monday, January 4, 2010

Freecycle

Are you all excited for a post that is NOT about pregnancy?

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew about freecycle. It is the greatest use of the web! To sum it up, it's basically a free version of Craig's List. You list what you have or what you want and you hope that people in your area can help you out by either taking it off your hands or offering you their old items.

I've given away a 20-year-old sewing machine, my wedding dress and the disgusting sink/vanity from our bathroom (we replaced it immediately upon moving in). If just for the vanity, then I think it's worth it - could you imagine if we needed to haul that to the dump?

I've also given away a desk, some curtain rods and a broken microwave.

I haven't used it for GETTING things yet but I did see that one woman got a free snap-and-go stroller frame the other day so I'm considering it. Also, a friend of mine used it for some office furniture and she's really pleased.

However, I have NOT had any luck getting someone to pick up this stupid Select Comfort bed...don't fail me, freecycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment