Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Advice

Ok, I am getting a little worried about the glucose challenge on Friday. Totally standard for all pregnant women and it's just a precursor to a diabetes test...so if I have a high blood sugar with this test, then I have to take the real challenge/test.

We all know that JS in P loooooves carbs - so I'm worried that I'm going to have a high reading!!

Any cheat secrets? I mean, besides eating well for the last six months???

1. I heard I should fast 8-10 hours before I take the glucola.
2. Some have recommended lots of water; some say none.
3. No concentrated sweets 24 hours before the test.
4. Should I eat a hard-boiled egg while I'm drinking the glucola or just continue the fast?

Help!

2 comments:

  1. I have taken this test 5 times, and failed it 4 (only to do the 3 hour - and flippin' pass it - EVERY time). The one time I passed the one hour test, I believe it's because I fasted until I drank the disgusting stuff and ate one egg. I fully believe that is the key to passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll do fine, hun.

    what I'm really worried about is you referring to yourself:

    a) by your blog name
    b) in the third person

    ReplyDelete