Sunday, February 14, 2010

Politics

M has a very good friend who works for a politician. This politician is running in a very big election in November. This politician and I have very different ideals and I would not usually consider voting for him.

However, as M pointed out, if this politician loses, our friend will not have a job.

So how would you vote?

My take is that I vote because of how I feel about certain issues, not because of how I feel about the politician himself (or herself). Also, I feel that our friend knows the risks involved in joining a political campaign - he left his secure job and took a risk with this job because he knows the advantages that will come his way if the candidate wins.

On the other hand...if this was not a friend and was M or my brother, would I change my tune?

No comments:

Post a Comment