Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Front Yard

After four summers here, I decided that this was the year that I was going to take care of the front yard. As you can tell from the picture on the left, it's a little pathetic looking. In the early spring, there are some lonely daffodils and tulips (not planted by me) but other than that, it's bare.

***Wow, this really did become a gardening blog. I haven't cooked in over a week so I can't even call it a recipe blog anymore. How boring. At least Gange is interested. ***

Anyway, I planted a hydrangea bush. We had them growing up and I always thought it was awesome to throw pennies in the ground and watch the flowers change color.

Based on my friend ACG's advice, I went to a well-respected nursery in town and told the woman what I needed (low-maintenance, flowering throughout the season).

Based on her recommendations, I planted Vincas (Titan Lavender Blue Halo, Titan Burgundy and Polka Dot), Cosmos (Sensation) and Zinnias (Profusion Cherry). I'm sure none of you care about the names but I needed a place to write it down for next year.

1 comment: