Monday, May 11, 2009

People in my home??????

M's graduation is on Saturday and we've got family coming over for dinner afterwards. I'm trying to decide if I should take everyone out to eat (probably for Mexican) or if I should pull together some easy platters to serve on the patio. 

Pros/Cons of Mexican: Easy/Expensive
Pros/Cons of the patio: Cheap/Time-intensive/Must Clean/People will be at my condo all night

Anyway, I'm sure "cheap" will win out so now I've got to pick a menu. 

Thoughts:
Apps - probably not; maybe cheese/crackers or hummus/pita
Salad - I'm thinking mozz/tomatoes/basil (do most people like that?)
Entrees - either make or buy some platters (meatballs, baked ziti, chicken/broc/pasta)
Bread
Dessert
Drinks

Any suggestions would be AWESOME (unless it's deviled eggs and pastries, CCBL!!!). 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why you think that 14 deviled eggs and some pastries isn't a perfectly acceptable menu for a gathering.

    Seriously, one thing that Matt does, when he's not ordering 14 deviled eggs, is make caprese skewers. People are somehow impressed by the mini-ness of their own person caprese. We just get wood skewers and alternate cherry tomato, mini fresh mozz ball, and sprig of basil. Then we drizzle with some evoo and balsamic. It's not hard at all, and everyone thinks it's really cute. I like to serve them in a vase. Again, people think it's cute. I think it's kind of dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get outta here! you are the queen of easy, pulled together, martha-esque get-togethers! remember when you had me and AMW over last summer? you made the gnocchi/asparagus salad, tomato/mozz salad, and threw some veggies and chicken on the grill. so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Helen - I am stunned and devastated that MEG had to tell me you had a blog!!

    How could you hide this from me??

    This rocks!

    ReplyDelete