Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grilled Chicken & Oranges

Here is the dinner from last night:

Chicken with Grilled Oranges (totally stolen and simplified from Martha Stewart)
- http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/sour-orange-grilled-chicken-paillards?autonomy_kw=Sour-Orange%20Grilled%20Chicken%20Paillards&rsc=header_2

Marmalade (I used 1/2 jar of sugar-free apricot preserves because that's what we had)
Splash of lemon juice
Coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
A package of chicken cutlets (thin sliced)
2 oranges

1. Mix marmalade, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Reserve half for serving (I leave the other half in the kitchen because my biggest fear is getting raw chicken juice near anything).
2. Slice oranges.
3. Brush marmalade mixture on chicken and throw on grill.
4. When you flip the chicken, brush more marmalade mixture on them.
5. Throw oranges on grill (oh my goodness, SO good).
6. Serve chicken and oranges with the reserved marmalade mixture.
7. I also grilled asparagus (with Pam, salt and pepper) and made brown rice (and stirred in scallions, blackberries, strawberries and rice vinegar).

Ang, I think it's all dairy/soy-free!

Chocolate Biscotti recipe coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Made this recipe last night, it was GREAT! I had no idea how quick the thin cutlets would grill though and also no idea that rice took 45 minutes to cook (WTF?) so my timing was all off, but it was really good. I am not someone who likes rice (I know, it's weird) but i LOVED the brown rice with scallions and berries...amazing. Thanks JSP :)

    ReplyDelete