Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I wish I could think of a pun about backs.


Soooo...in my last post, I complained that my back hurt. I thought I had just slept on it funny so I tried massage, acupuncture and heat...no resolution so I finally went to the doctor today.
Turns out that my rotator cuff injury from 2007 has come back to haunt me.* The muscle under my right scapula is apparently visibly larger than the left. The only problem is that I am no longer allowed to use excessive amounts of heat, cortisone injections or prescription pain relievers (or muscle relaxers).
Anyway, I'm off to Physical Therapy 2x/week for the next 4 weeks - that should fix it! I'm slightly disappointed that there wasn't a quick fix but I'm definitely relieved that there is a solution!
* I should say that the injury is only mildly "haunting" me...I feel worse for Mike who has to listen to LOTS of whining and is now responsible for basically all physical work in our home. Oooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment