Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nursery Thoughts

Let's be honest...this has officially turned into a baby blog. Oh well!

I can't decide between green or yellow for the room. Specifically, I am very obsessed with gray/yellow right now.

These are the colors that I was originally interested in:
I think the circular crib and flamingo thing are weird but I really liked the green/brown/white combo.
I was also obsessed with this ridiculous pewter crib.


Let's play a game called "my kid doesn't need this crib", ok? I won't even tell you what it costs but I would have gotten a hefty discount because of my stepmother's job. It would still be expensive even with the discount. Ick. Also, I'm pretty sure that a METAL crib is not the best idea.

Surprisingly, Mike really liked it a lot too. I was pretty sad to walk out of the store without it!

So moving on, I think I've abandoned the green room and pewter crib for yellow and gray (or grey, if you prefer your tea or your cats to be British).

So here is my new color obsession:






I wouldn't go with the super dark gray but I do like the idea of a lighter gray (like the side walls in the picture). I think it's nice and calming.
Also, the crib in these pictures is from Ikea. Impressive! I was definitely skeptical of buying a crib from there but it seems that most people are very happy and the safety features are pretty impressive (thanks, CCBL!!!).
So grey/yellow/white or green/brown/white? What do you think? Also, thoughts on the Ikea crib?
Also, thanks to KLG for sending me to a great decorating website with lots of photos!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Call it EARL GREY, yellow, and white and I'm SO right there with you. Especially with those wall decals. They are simply DIVINE!! xo C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding a vote to the earl grey, yellow and white category - especially with the flowers (shocked, aren't you?) if it's a girl...

    ReplyDelete