Friday, December 18, 2009

Lots of venting

Need to vent/complain....

1. We were supposed to have new windows installed on Wed and Thurs. However it was too cold yesterday so they are finishing them today. I am hiding out in the basement. I am irritated because I cancelled lunch plans today because all I wanted to do was nap/relax (my back hurts) and instead I had to get dressed before 9am on my day off. Wahh, life is SO hard for me!

2. I get irritated when people have a long-standing problem and don't do ANYTHING about it. We all know that I had a hard time getting pregnant. It sucked and I was sad and depressed. There were plenty of times when I felt like I would never have children. BUT I always had a future plan...I took medications, I drank gallons of decaf green tea, I did acupuncture, etc... I had three doctors with a medical plan...and if that failed, I had two adoption seminars lined up for this autumn. Just do something!!

Ok, I guess it's obvious that I've never been actually clinically depressed. Also, I'm apparently not compassionate.

3. A lot of people are telling me that I'm having a boy because I haven't gained weight in my face. This is sort of a half-assed compliment.

4. I used to consider myself pretty good with babies. I was really good at swaddling, calming, etc...somehow I have lost this skill. I don't know if it is related to working in the ICU or struggling to get pregnant but either way, it's not very good timing!

5. I get nervous when people make baby plans before the 12 week ultrasound. I worry that they will get too hopeful and then be disappointed. Conversely, I am now 18 weeks pregnant and I haven't done anything. Ooops.

6. My husband is fantastic. That is a whole other post. Let's just say that I am no longer mad about the "Whoa. Preggers!" comment.

7. I have photos from the 18 week ultrasound last week! They are a bit boring but I will scan them.

6 and 7 weren't really "venting"...darn. I will have to work on my pessimism.

2 comments:

  1. RE: #4 - babies HATE me when I'm pregnant. It's like they know they have competition or something. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' - that could have a lot to do with babies acting weird around you.

    Re: #3 - I LOVE to not tell strangers that I'm having b/g twins and see what old wives tales they spit out about the gender because it's such total BS (and you're right, most of it is a half-assed compliment).

    Here's another fun and amusing thing to do, when strangers start asking you when you're due, tell them that you're not pregnant. I LOVE doing that. Matt has a policy to never ask a woman if she is pregnant/when she is due unless you actually see the baby emerging from her.

    ReplyDelete